Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Time to Catch up!

Hi there! =)

So I finally have my beautiful blog up and running....and I've done only 1 post!? 
{And it wasn't even a REAL post; it was more of just an introduction.}

I've been so EXCITED to blog, but any extra time that I had last week, was dedicated to report cards. Need I say more?! Yea, I didn't think so.

Well, we've been super busy in Room 134; take a look and see what we've been up to!

For the past few weeks, my class and I have been working on our "How To" writing. They loved it and thought it was so much fun (especially since each writing was usually followed up with a craft or fun activity).

How to Make a S'more
After watching a video clip and writing about how to make a s'more, we each got to make our own and chow down!
How to Make a Pizza
My kiddos got to make a pizza of their choice after they wrote their how to. Unfortunately it was just a paper one. {Boo!} I forgot to take a picture of the finished product!

We were also working on "Making a 10 to Add." I found a really cute snowman craft by Amy Lemons from Step Into Second Grade. {Click HERE to get it!} I just adjusted it a little, incorporated the math lesson into it and VOILA! They turned out really cute!



"Matter" has also been a topic of discussion in our classroom. We've been discussing the various properties and most recently got to do a "Sinking and Floating" Investigation. We gathered around the carpet and I had my aspiring "scientists" predict whether various objects would sink or float. They recorded their predictions and then we carried out the investigation. It was so precious to hear them cheer when they confirmed their prediction. They got SUCH a thrill out of an easy and simple activity. 


On top of all of the activities and lessons we've been doing in our class, last Thursday was Career Day at our school! I remember loving Career Day as a child in elementary school. I can honestly say that I had a blast at our Career Day this year. My favorite presenter (and I can almost guarantee it was my students' too) was the Canine Unit from our Police Department! They did a couple of demonstrations with the police dogs and answered questions from the kids. So cool! 

Here are some of my cuties dressed up as the career of their choice! (I made the chef and nurse hats...haha)

Wow...this post took me FOREVER! {like F.O.R.E.V.E.R}. Will it get easier? Let's hope! =)

Until next time, my friends! 
Have a great week!

  

1 comment:

  1. Yes it WILL get easier!! I started blogging last summer and have finally gotten into the groove.

    Your blog is super cute and has been stoked about my custom blog in the works!

    Can't wait to read what you do next. :)

    -Katie Farr

    ReplyDelete