Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Guess Who?!




March 9, 2014. 
Do you know what the significance of this date is?

This was the last time I came on here to write. I know....YIKES! =(

I was so proud of my newly designed blog and excited to be a part of the whole blogging community. What happened?!

Life, I guess....and then excuse after excuse after excuse.

The year I started this blog (2013-14 school year), I have to admit....I had a loving, yet VERY challenging class. I found it difficult to commit to blogging, therefore, I simply didn't. 

So, why didn't I just start fresh over the summer? Why didn't I take another stab at the whole blogging thing the following school year? The school year of 2014-15, I had the BEST class...what was my excuse? Of course, with the beginning of every school year, things were SUPER hectic. Well, I just kept putting it off and I kept saying that I would start back up, but then I again....didn't. 

Then 2015 happened. 
In mid-February, my grandpa fell. From February to May, my days consisted of school and my evenings, nights, and weekends were all about my grandpa. 
My grandpa passed away May 4th. I was a hot mess...and truth be told.... a year and a half later...there are times that I still am. 
Whoever said it will get easier....lied. I love and miss my grandpa; I think about him everyday. 

My Grandpa and I

A month later, on June 22, 2015, my grandma underwent surgery for a knee replacement! The surgery went well and she was recovering amazingly. Things were going a little too smoothly, I guess, because 3 weeks after she got her new knee....my grandma fell! She broke her new hardware and fractured her femur. 
Oy....I know!

Well, fast forward through a 3 month stay in rehab, a blood clot, followed by a 2 month stay with my aunt, my grandma finally came home after Thanksgiving. Thankfully my class last school year was AMAZING and very supportive.


My Grandma and I

So now, here we are....another school year is in the works; 2016-17...this is year number 8 for me!! Again, I find myself saying that school is a bit hectic. Ok, who am I kidding....it is A LOT hectic!! (LoL) 
I've come to the realization, however, that there won't be a "perfect" time to come back to my blog. If I keep waiting, it might never happen. 

That brings me to this post today.

My home away from home....my classroom =)

First Grade has got me like ZzZzZzZ!!
Now, I'm not going to promise that I will be on here every other day or even weekly. But, what I WILL say, is that I am going to try my best to start blogging again.
PJ day

I know this post wasn't very informative or full of educational resources and ideas...gosh, this is supposed to be a TEACHING blog after all!

....but, hopefully you guys will understand where I'm coming from and you'll want to stay tuned in anyways.


Until next time friends. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment